MiniMonos Forum
Welcome to the official MiniMonos Forum! Enjoy your stay.
MiniMonos Forum
Welcome to the official MiniMonos Forum! Enjoy your stay.
MiniMonos Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official MiniMonos Forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Earthquake diary!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cade77

Cade77

My Earthquake diary! Empty
PostSubject: My Earthquake diary!   My Earthquake diary! EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey Monkeys!
im writeing a diary of the quake. ive done 4:30 4th sept to 11 am 6th so heres the start of it:

Earthquake
The Canterbury quake—4th September 4:35 am
Intro:on September 4th 4:35 am Canterbury has a HUGE wake up call. A HUGE earthquake that was 7.4 but then downgraded to 7.1 magnatude rattles Canterbury and damages loads of houses and buildings. Read this to find out what it is like to have to live with aftershock that will go on for more than a year and whats it like to have to live with 5.0 + aftershocks.

4th September :4:30am: most Canterbury people were sleeping peacefully with no clue what was going to happen that would change their lives
4:35am: Canterbury is awoken with a HUGE morning wake up call… all of a sudden ROAR and everything started to shake violently. Most of Canterbury and the south island shakes more than anyone could think about. Most people sprint to doorways and tables as they hope for the best. When I was awakened by this monster quake I could hear everything breaking so I put my covers above my head because I was scared. When I was under the covers I was staring at the roof…waiting for it to fall. My mum screamed “earthquake” trying to rush to the door she screamed for me to come to the door so I sprinted to the door. The house was shakeing like mad! As I thought “will I ever see www.minimonos.com again” after about a minute the shaking stopped. We walked around the house. My tv fell off Just missing my feet , things were smashed , the pantry was flooding with food that had fallen out and much more. But town, kaiapoi avonside and much more had way more damage.
4:40am: we go to the car and turn on the radio.
4:56am: The first aftershock comes with a magnitude of 5.6
5:30am: we go to see the neighbours because they are away for the week
9:00am:Civil defence has said to boil water first. We boil our water on the BBQ because we have no power and in about 30 mins we have weet-bix!
10:00am: I am sitting on the couch waiting for aftershocks with nothing to do and my friend rings me to see if I’m ok
10:00am: state of emergency decleared by civil defence
1:00pm: me and my friend walk to our school to see if its ok
4:00pm: power comes back on.
10:30:pm: I go to bed and I get woken up a few times by big aftershocks.
5th September 7:00 am: After a night of big aftershocks I get up and have breakfast.
7:30 am: we get shaken HEAPS of times!
12:30 pm: The CBD has been closed since yesterday and there is curfew on it
6th September 7:00 am: Ive been awake most of the night with aftershocks.
11 am: Woah! In last 10 or 15 mins we had a 5.2 , 5.4 and a 5.4! scary stuff!

--Cade77
(i'll keep ya posted)
Back to top Go down
http://cade77sminimonosblog.blogspot

My Earthquake diary!
Page 1 of 1